Adventures of the Bored Slacker

The LOSER's way of life...

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Santa Celebrates 4th of July at Downtown Kennesaw



Miss Claire and I went to Downtown Kennesaw yesterday to see the fireworks in celebration of the 4th of July. I did not expect to see a LOT of people out there. They brought their own chairs and tables as they chill to the band's music while waiting for the fireworks show to start.




It turns out this is a historic place. I'm not sure if this is where The Chase took place involving the General (name of the Locomotive).



We found a good spot and sat by the wall looking at people as they come out of the tunnel. I bought a hamburger and some nachos to munch while waiting. I can't help but notice the 3 teenage guys playing around with a neon colored necklace which they use to 'catch' cute girls. Oh man, such a lame move.


We saw other interesting people like a guy who looks like a pirate slash biker guy with his silver and gold teeth and with all the blings. BUT, what's more surprising is that Santa sat near us! He waves to the kids as they go by. Good ol' Santa. He even gave me his calling card!



The fireworks display started around 9:30PM and ended around 10:05 PM. It was magnificent. After the show, Miss Claire and I went to Brusters to eat some Chocolate Raspberry ice cream. Yummmm!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home