Adventures of the Bored Slacker

The LOSER's way of life...

Friday, August 06, 2010

Skydiving got CANCELED!!! Bummer....


Our appointment at the Skydiving Center is 12 noon so we left the hotel around 11AM. I was all set; my camera is ready and an extra shirt just in case I need to change my shirt.


We got lost for a couple of minutes since we were looking for Airport Road as indicated in MapQuest. MapQuest failed us. So Jimboy had to call ASC so we can get directions.


We arrived a little after 12PM and a bunch of people are already there. We met Sarah and we were asked to fill-up and sign a Registration Form where we pretty much waived all our legal rights. Basically, the form is saying 'if we fucked up, don't sue our asses since you knew the risks beforehand!'. That summarizes all there is to it. And, we signed it.


We passed the form at the window and we were asked if we want to go an extra 4000 feet. My reaction was 'CRAP!!!'. As expected, Jimboy said yes. So we paid extra $10 for the additional altitude. It was a total of $309.75 for the weekday Tandem Skydiving + Video and Photos + extra 4000 feet.


Watching others screaming their lungs out and sliding on their butts

While waiting, I watched the others who went before us. At first, I can only hear the plane but I can't see it. It must've been above the clouds. Then, a couple of parachutes popped here and there on the sky. It looks really fun and at the same time scary. There was this chic who glided just above the Viewing Deck. I can't help but say 'Holy Shit!!' as I watched them go over and pray that they won't crash. I also watched a video of the lady who just did Tandem Skydiving. It was awesome! Now I really wanna do it!



My supposed-to-be instructor, Junior

Our names are written on the television and we were at Load 8. My Instructor was Junior (JR) and my videographer was Ashton - the lady whom I asked about the emergency parachute. Junior put me in a harness and went over the instructions. I was really scared at that point. My instructor needs to go to Load 7 first and he has to run to get me for Load 8. That was the plan.. And it fcking didn't happen because of this freaking weather!!!


There was a storm passing by and we were still waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting... Then there was thunder. That doesn't sound very promising. I asked Sarah if I could get out of my harness. She loosened it first then asked my instructor if she could take it off me. Then she went back and took the whole thing off.


I went outside and looked at the clouds. Yep, those clouds are not a very good sign. It was really dark and it was only around 5pm. We were waiting here for 5 hours! Damn! I was looking at the clouds asking them to GO AWAY! Mother Nature failed me.

MapQuest and Mother Nature are conspiring. So Jimboy and I went home with a Rain Check - rescheduled this Sunday.


BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home