Adventures of the Bored Slacker

The LOSER's way of life...

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trip to Tagaytay - February 20, 2011

We agreed to meet at Starbucks People Support around 10am. Being the punctual lady that I am, I arrived at the rendezvous 10:30am SHARP!



Kristine, Linel and Kuya were already there. Jen and Joey arrived five minutes later. Off we went to...dun dun dun dun...TAGAYTAY!!!



Mel isn't feeling well that's why she can't come with us (Mel, you really better NOT feel well because I will bug you for the rest of your life if you just backed out for no apparent reason! This has been my DREAMMMMM!!! <*insert exaggerated hand gestures here> And you didn't join us!!! <*sob sob sob>)



Jen called Chochoy and he said yes in an instant. He will be joining us later.



We decided to go to Tagaytay when we had dinner last Friday (Mel, Kristine, Linel, Jen and Joey). In my entire life, I haven't gone there for reasons I cannot fathom. Whenever they decide to go to Starbucks Tagaytay, I unfortunately cannot go. Hmmmm....this screams conspiracy!


Leslie's - home of heart attack Bulalo

Heniwayzzz, we arrived at Leslie's around 12 noon. There's already a huge crowd loitering in front. My gut feeling tells me we'll have to wait long before we can be seated, and I was right (it always spells misfortune whenever I'm right).




I took some photos first just in case we wouldn't be able to eat in a restaurant overlooking Taal Lake.


That right there is not Taal Volcano. Sadness =(


And yes, Linel shattered my happiness when she told me that the volcano (or whatever that is) that I'm taking picture of is not Taal Volcano...Not Taal Volcano? NOT TAAL VOLCANO???!!! <*runs away while crying>







It turned out we're number 13 on the waiting list. So Linel and Kuya used the GPS to search for the location of Antonio's Grill, then they walked there while Kristine, Jen, Joey and I stayed at Leslie's to take some more photos of the NOT Taal Volcano. We were about to follow Linel and Kuya when they sent us a message that they're going back because Antonio's Grill is really far. That's when Jen saw the sign of the establishment at the right side of Leslie's. The sign said - Antonio's Grill. Sucks, right?



But fortunately, when Linel asked Leslie's again, it turns out we're going to be seated next. Hooray for the GPS!!




After having lunch at Leslie's, we left the car there and took Kuya's car to go to Flower Farm Corporation. Surprisingly, the gate is closed so we thought publics are not allowed to go there or it may be closed during weekends. When we asked the guy by the gate, he said it's open but you can only enter if you have an appointment. My eyebrows immediately shoots up to the sky. APPOINTMENT???!! My Gesh!



We went to Sonia's instead. We bought bread at Panaderia - cheese hopia and pandesal.


Afterwards, we ate at Bag of Beans. Just a caution about this place though, they have some huge badass mosquitoes (probably from the Jurassic era). I'm really mortified. I mean, they're really huge that you can't miss them! I bet they'll suck the blood out of you like a vampire (not those sparkling vampires that you're probably thinking of).


We stopped by Leslie's to get the cars. There were some people from the wedding that were standing at Chochoy's car. We laughed imagining they were probably taking pictures in front of his car since it's white and would pass as a bridal car.


Chochoy: What if I go there and say "Well, well, well.. Look do we have here!"

LOLLLLZZZZZZZ!!!!

On our way home, we bought some sweets at Rowena's. I bought strawberry cheese tart. There's a bunch of mini coopers at the parking lot. And we encountered this same of group of mini coopers when we stopped over at SLEX. We were wondering how is that we didn't notice them on our way there. Sneaky little cute toy cars!


Oh, and one more thing. Looks like Tagaytay has also been infected by the Bieber Fever. At both Leslie's and Bag of Beans, the musicians that sings for the restaurant customers and asks for donations sings the infamous Baby, baby, baby, OOOOooohhh......please kill me now. They should be the one giving me money for listening to that song. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it. But one can only endure so much.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home